Make a stone wall cry

I try to avoid as much as I can, posting about bands who're getting attention on other blogs. You don't need me to tell you about, for instance, the new album from The National that's out today. That said, I really wanted to write a bit about the Lucky Soul song 'Add Your Light to Mine, Baby,' which you can hear for yourself at Good Hodgkins right now and watch the video below here.

What a song! Fun like Dusty Springfield, huge strings, bouncing chorus... It's perfect for the summer. It very nearly has the same immediate impact as 'You Can't Hurry Love' and 'You Are The Generation...', the two greatest pop singles of the last few years. Sure enough, Lucky Soul just played a gig in London with Johnny Boy. The song is ace to any given degree, contains the very-English word "rubbish" and cannot NOT make you smile. Go download it now.


[buy 'The Great Unwanted' (UK)]

1 comments:

Lauren said...
on

I love that song. I've played it at least thee times so far. It makes me so happy!

Find It