4play: 'Be My Baby' drums

Say it ain't so! It's the welcome return of this feature, depending on how you define "welcome" and "feature". In my last post, I made reference to the trademarked 'Be My Baby' drum intro, without giving it a moment's thought that you may not have known what the fudge I'm talking about. So here are four songs that are united by that signature boom boom-boom thud sound. Three of the songs are from London, and one from Liverpool.

That Johnny Boy song is unimpeachably incredible, making it a shame that the band's album sank without a trace and they were never heard from again. Elsewhere, there's the first we ever heard of Clinic, back in their still-wearing-surgical-masks days; something heartfelt from the Hef's 'Fidelity Wars' album; and one that you may already have, from Radiohead's European tour support BFL.

Expect another 4Play in seven months' time.

[download Johnny Boy - You Are The Generation That Bought More Shoes and You Get What You Deserve]
[download Clinic - I.P.C. Subeditors Dictate Our Youth]
[download Hefner - The Weight of the Stars]
[download Bat for Lashes - What's A Girl To Do?]

0 comments:

Find It