Slide, slide, slide down the waterslide

I'm still angry about Epic Movie. To calm me down, I watched 'Kicking and Screaming' (the good one, not the rubbish one) and the quotations from it will be circulating for a while. I also watched this Chris Rock video repeatedly. It helped take away the pain.

Oh yeah, last Sunday I saw Yo La Tengo at the Moon in Tallahassee. Their name means "I have it" and they sure do. I'm not sure what it is, though. They've been around since the Korean War, and I only really know their newest record - which is 99cents cheaper from the merch desk than "air quotes Best Buy" according to Ira - and so there were vast swathes of the gig where I was a little underwhelmed. Also, there are songs like today's download, which are very very very long and grated after a while. In their defense, they played for two hours, a couple of encores, some covers, and the part in the middle where they played 'The Weakest Part', 'Beanbag Chair' and 'Mr Tough' was smooth-ass perfection. Good show, I just wish I knew more songs, then I'd have got into it more.

[download Yo La Tengo - Pass the Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind]

0 comments:

Find It