Gone Gone Gone: The Notwist are back

I generally try to avoid posting songs that I know are available on every other music site out there. Honestly, you don't really need me to tell you to listen to the new Hot Chip or Gutter Twins or Vampire Weekend or whatever. But today I'm making an exception. I'm sure this will be all over the web, because everyone's on the same record label mailing list, but since the last album The Notwist put out is my favourite of this decade, I don't mind joining the throng.

'The Devil, You + Me' will be out in the early summer, and that is exciting news for you, me and the Devil. There's a new song posted below, and it looks like the title track is one that I posted over a year ago. Way to go, me! The press release says:

The band recorded portions of the album with the ANDROMEDA MEGA EXPRESS ORCHESTRA, a way out, 20+ headed classical orchestra that specializes in exciting and sometimes bizarre avant classic interpretations of modern jazz, which compliments perfectly the album's mood and themes of love, loss, alienation, planetary alignment, the positive side to deception, death, refusal and the titular Devil.
Tell me that doesn't sound amazing. I'm very excited to hear this record, enjoy the track.

[download The Notwist - The Devil, You + Me (live and acoustic)]
[download The Notwist - Good Lies]

0 comments:

Find It