Wrapped up in books

The summer is coming to an end. I'm sitting in the waiting room while my car gets checked up, and since they offer free wireless here (thanks, Honda!), how about an update. Over the past few weeks, I've been working an easy-but-tedious job, and so I've been listening to a lot of books on tape. In fact, in addition to the handful of books I actually physically read, here's my reading list since the end of April:

Michael Chabon - The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
Michael Chabon - The Yiddish Policeman's Union [thoughts]
Stephen Fry - Rescuing the Spectacled Bear
John Hodgman - The Areas of My Expertise
Khaled Hosseini - A Thousand Splendid Suns
Chuck Klosterman - IV
Chuck Klosterman - Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs
Jonathan Lethem - Men and Cartoons
Jonathan Lethem - The Disappointment Artist
Howard Marks - Book of Dope Stories
Cormac McCarthy - No Country for Old Men
David Rakoff -Fraud
Ian Rankin - The Naming of the Dead
J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter 7 [thoughts]
Louis Theroux - The Call of the Weird [thoughts]
Kurt Vonnegut - A Man Without A Country
Sarah Vowell - Assassination Vacation
Sarah Vowell - The Partly Cloudy Patriot

Knowledge is power. From now til December, it's only gonna be this and this for me. Weep.

0 comments:

Find It