Like Robert Louis Stevenson, Trainspotting and yesterday's hot new band How to Swim, Popolo are from Scotland - Dundee, to be precise. They've only got a couple of songs at the moment, and here's one of them now. For an instrumental band, they cram a lot into a short song - it sets a mood and then builds. It's a pity the song is so brief - I'd have liked to hear it unfold slowly like a Mamet play. They've played with Errors and 65daysofstatic, and you can see the family resemblance. As someone that doesn't exercise much, I see myself putting this on the iPod and going for a run, because it's nice and upbeat, and my run will last exactly three minutes - the ideal length for me. See what you think.
All MP3s here are for sampling or evaluation. Please buy the CDs if you like the bands.
- ► 2010 (12)
- ► 2009 (62)
- They can't all be 'Man on Wire'
- A drink and some palaver
- You were a champion in their eyes
- Sometimes actresses get slapped
- Christmas in adventure parks
- Fortunately for whining snotface...
- You never asked for an audience
- Things that we all need to navigate
- Stay away from fleeting favour
- No lyrics to adapt into post title
- I've had too many Christmas drinks
- Put a you-shaped hole in me
- If your boyfriend's got beef
- Something happens that's relevant to previous AYGH...
- Back from the brink
- ▼ December (15)
- ► 2007 (230)
Powered By:Blogger Widgets