Famous First Words

Hello! Welcome to Are You Gene Hackman?

Why? I used to run a webzine called The Brain Farm - don't look for it, it's not there any more - and I really miss writing about music, so that's really the impetus for this.

If you're looking to download hot new albums sometimes months ahead of their release, then you'll be gutted. There'll be none of those here, because (a) there are plenty of sites that already provide that service, and (b) I don't really want to go to prison.

What you will find, though, are some thoughts on music primarily, but also film, television, books, comedy, associational football, and whatever else I find interesting. There'll doubtless be lots of links to YouTube, because if you're reading this, you're probably dying to see - oh, I don't know - my favourite sports moment of all time.

Aren't you glad that I used the word 'impetus' legitimately today?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
on

I'm impressed that you used impetus correctly in a sentence...that wasn't for a scholarly essay. Then again, i'm not quite surprised.

And, wait, why is that your favorite sports moment ever...? :)

Now--bring me some interesting posts to read.

Anonymous said...
on

This is one of my favourite recent sports moments. The spurs fans around me may have said something akin to "go on Martin-have 'im".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1a0575bze0&search=jol%20wenger

Ben

Anonymous said...
on

more likely that wenger said something akin to "didn't you used to be barry in eastenders?"

Find It